Modern Office Practice, also Modern Office Management is a Diploma course introduced since the inception of the Government Polytechnic, Kohima way back in 1994.
Modern Office Practice is an AICTE approved (1995) technical diploma course with a duration of three (3) years and the entry level qualification of class 12th passed.
AIMS & OBJECTIVE: Mainly:-
- To impart sufficient knowledge and skill for managing and working in an office with modern office equipment both at the government and private sector.
- To prepare and promote students for self employment/entrepreneurship as a career option.
Nature of the programme : Full Time
Course system : Semester system
Duration : Three years
Intake capacity : 30
There is a wide scope of employment opportunities available to the Diploma holder in Modern Office Practice where he/she can work under any of the job positions.
- Central Govt./State Govt./ Semi-Govt.
- Central/State Govt. Undertakings.
- Municipal Corporatiions
- Private/Public Industries
Self employment opportunities:
- Shorthand coaching centre
- Small consultancy Services
- Computer training centre
- Account handling for small business
- Junior Executive
- Section Officer
- Co - ordinator of Section/dept.
- Accounts Executive/Junior Accounts Officer…etc.
- Office Assistant /UDC/LDC/Clerk-Cum-Typist etc.
- Junior programmer/computer – operator
TRAINING/ SKILL DEVELOPMENT
On- the- job trainings and hands- on –practices are provided to the students through organizing Industrial Tour/Training and Project preparation and presentation on various topics.
- Typing Lab : 1
- Computer Lab : 1
- Language lab : 1
- Office Equipment : 1
The Government of Nagaland has recognised the three years Diploma in Modern Office Practice for recruitment to various post viz; Computer operator, receptionist, data entry operator, stenographer grade-III and such other posts vide Office Memorandum No AR-3/GEN-212/2012 dated Kohima the 26th of Oct.2012